Crazy Eights description.
Cards played – 52 cards, no Jokers
Scoring – First player to eliminate all cards in their hand wins.
How to Play Crazy Eights, 2 or more players
- Shuffle cards.
- Deal 5 cards to each player (7 if 2-player game).
- Place remaining cards in draw pile in middle.
- Dealer turns over top card on draw pile and starts the discard pile.
- Player to the left of dealer begins the game looking at their hand and playing card(s) of same suit or kind as card showing on the discard pile.
- If player has no cards to play, they may select cards from the draw pile until they have a card to play.
- Eights are wild and can be played on top of any card. Player who discards an eight card must call the suit to be played.
- When a player is down to one card in their hand, they must call “Last Card”. If player fails to call announce last card, they must select 2 penalty cards from the draw pile.
- Winner is first player to have played all their cards.
- If the draw pile runs out, all discarded cards except for the last played card are shuffled to make a new draw pile. Continue play until there is a winner.
- If the first card drawn off the top of the draw pile by the dealer is an eight, dealer may look at their hand and call the suit.