Egyptian Ratscrew Two Piles
Based on Egyptian Ratscrew.
Like traditional Egyptian Ratscrew but there are two discard piles, and players may look at first card and decide which pile to discard onto. No slapping.
Cards played – 52 cards.
Scoring – Player who collects all the cards or is the only one left with cards to play is the winner.
How to play Egyptian Ratscrew Two Piles, 2 or more players
- Shuffle cards.
- Deal all cards to the players face down.
- Players do not look at their cards.
- Player to left of dealer takes top two cards off their pile and places them face up, side by side in the middle starting the two discard piles. If cards are both numeric, play continues, and next player discards two cards from their pile to discard piles.
- If either of the cards turned up is a face or Ace card, next players have opportunity to play another face or Ace card.
- Each player discards two cards per turn, one card per discard pile.
- If no one plays a face or Ace card, player who played the face or Ace card takes the pile, adds it to the bottom of their pile and discards two new cards.
- Player may also win pile by playing a numeric card that makes a pair with card beneath it. If no one plays another matching numeric card, player who played card to make pair wins the pile. If a player plays a face or Ace card on top of a numeric pair, the pair is lost, and play continues.
- When discarding their cards, players may look at the first card and decide which pile to discard it onto. Second card must be discarded onto other pile.
- If after player discards, the top cards of the two discard piles show a pair, player who just discarded takes both piles and discards two new cards.
- Play continues until one player wins all the cards or is the only player left with cards to play.
- If a player runs out of cards but has discarded a face, Ace or matching numeric card, they are not eliminated unless opposing players beat their card.