Garbage Five Card
Based on Garbage.
Like traditional Garbage but played with 5 cards per player instead of 10, and scoring is based on face cards that are won by each player through multiple rounds. Kings are wild.
Cards played – 52 cards, Jokers are used to break tie.
Scoring – Jack, Queen and King cards are worth 10 points per card.
How to play Garbage Five Card, 2 or more players
- Shuffle cards.
- Deal 5 cards to each player in a line face down.
- Place remaining cards in draw pile in middle.
- Object of game is for each player to arrange five cards in the following positions: Ace, Two, Three, Four and Five, any suit. Kings are wild.
- Player to the left of dealer begins the game by selecting the top card on the draw pile. If that card cannot be used in player’s line, card is placed face up on discard pile.
- If player uses card in their line, face down card from the line is turned over, and it may be used in another spot in their line, discarded or if it is a Jack, Queen or King card, player may keep it in their winning cards.
- After a King has been placed in a line, it may be moved to another slot in line if another card can be played in slot occupied by the King.
- Round ends when all five of the cards in a player’s line are filled. If there are Kings in the winning line, winner may decide to continue play to try and retrieve the wild Kings into their winning cards or end the current game and start a new round. Players keep their winning face cards.
- Rounds continue until a player wins majority of the face cards. Player may win by obtaining majority of the face cards without closing out their line.
- If the draw pile runs out, all discarded cards except for the top card are shuffled to make a new draw pile.
- In the event of a tie, Jokers are added to the shuffle and first player to turn over a Joker is the winner.