Based on classic card game War.
Intel War combines traditional War with a strategic twist where players earn opportunities to see their cards and select which ones to play.
Cards played – 52 cards, no Jokers.
Scoring – Traditional play, but 2 card beats an Ace
How to Play Intel War, 2 or more players
- Shuffle cards.
- Deal all cards to the players face down.
- Players do not look at their cards.
- Game begins with each player drawing top cards off their stacks and placing them face up in the middle.
- Winner takes all cards and places them at the bottom of their card stack face down.
- If there is a tie, players take the top cards off their stacks and place them face up in the middle. Winner takes all cards and adds them to bottom of their card stack face down.
- Winner has the option to use “intel” on next turn.
- A player with “intel” option gets to see the cards played by the opposing players first and decides to either draw the top card off their deck or instead use “intel” to look at all their cards and select which one to play.
- If player uses “intel” they cannot change the order of their cards.
- If the player puts down a tying card, the game returns to “normal” play, and players select the top cards off their stacks to break the tie.
- After an “intel” play, “normal” play resumes.
- Game continues. Anytime a player wins in “normal” play, including one that breaks a tie, they may use “intel” or continue “normal” play.
- The game ends when one player has all the cards and wins.