Egyptian Ratscrew description.
Cards played – 52 cards.
Scoring – Player who collects all the cards or is the only player left with cards to play wins.
How to play Egyptian Ratscrew, 2 or more players
- Shuffle cards.
- Deal all cards to the players face down.
- Players do not look at their cards.
- Player to left of dealer takes top card off their pile and places them face up in the middle starting the discard pile. If cards is numeric (2-10), play continues, and next player discards card from their face down stack to the discard pile.
- If the card turned up is a face or an Ace card, next players have a number of chances to play another face or Ace card.
- Ace – Four chances
- King – Three chances
- Queen – Two chances
- Jack – One chance
- If no one plays a face or an Ace card, player who played the face or Ace card takes the middle pile, adds it to the bottom of their pile and starts a new discard pile.
- Players may also win cards in the discard pile by slapping the pile when one of the following combinations occurs in the discard pile:
- Pair – Two cards of same kind (Example: 2-2 or Q-Q)
- Sandwich – Matching cards with one card between them (Example: 4-10-4)
- Top and Bottom Match – Top and bottom cards of discard pile match
- 4-card Straight – (Example: 3-4-5-6 or 9-10-J-Q)
- Marriage – King or Queen played back to back (Example: Q-K or K-Q)
- If a card is played on top of one of the combinations and no one has slapped the pile, the combination is lost and play continues.
- If a player slaps the pile and there is no combination, the player must add two cards from their stack to the bottom of the discard pile as a penalty.
- Play continues until one player wins all the cards or is the only player left with cards to play.
- If a player runs out of cards but has discarded a face or an Ace, they are still in the game until one of the other players beats their card.
- When a player has no cards left to play, they may still slap the discard pile to win cards but player is eliminated if they slap the pile in error.