Cards played – 52 cards, no Jokers.
Scoring – Winner is player who collects all the cards.
How to Play Slapjack, 2 or more players
- Shuffle cards.
- Deal all cards to the players face down.
- Player to the left of dealer begins the game by taking top card off their stack and placing it face up in the middle starting the discard pile.
- Next player takes top card off their stack and places it face up on the discard pile. Play continues until a Jack is played.
- When a Jack is played, first player to slap the Jack with their hand takes all the cards in discard pile and shuffles them into their existing face down pile. Note: instead of shuffling cards into existing pile, cards may be added to the bottom of player’s face down stack.
- Next player in rotation takes top card off their stack starting new discard pile, and play continues. If a player runs out of cards, they have one more opportunity to slap a Jack.
- If player slaps a non-Jack card, they must give player who played the card they slapped one card from the top of their face down stack. Penalty cards are added to the bottom of player’s face down stack.
- If a card is played on top of a Jack card, the Jack is missed and play continues.
- Game ends when one player has all the cards and wins.